- Web Site Owner. Collins Legal, PLC (“CLGL”) is the owner of this web site (“collins.legal”). CLGL can be contacted by mail at 4101 Charlotte Ave, Suite F186, Nashville, Tennessee 37209, by phone at (615) 736-9595, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This online privacy notice discloses CLGL information practices for this CLGL Web Site, including what type of personal identifiable information is requested in order to make a purchase, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. Note that other CLGL web sites may be governed by privacy notices containing different information practices applicable to those sites.
- Web Site Visits. In general, you can visit on the CLGL Web Site without revealing any personal information. CLGL analyzes the data gathered from Web Site visits for trends and statistics, and then CLGL discards the gathered data.
- Web Site Transactions. At times, CLGL will need personal information regarding a customer or a prospect. For example, to process an order or provide a subscription, CLGL may need to know a customer’s name, mailing address, e-mail address and credit card details. It is CLGL’s intent to inform you before CLGL collects personal information, such as user’s name and/or address on the Internet. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, CLGL will respect your wishes.
Personal Information That May Be Collected.
- Identifying Information. In order to access designated subscriber services and/or restricted areas within the CLGL Web site, CLGL will request a user to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: legal name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, facsimile number, method of payment, and, if applicable, credit card number. CLGL may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain customer’s account.
- Service Quality Monitoring. Some Web site transactions may require a customer to telephone CLGL, or CLGL to call the customer. CLGL will not contact you by telephone without your prior consent, except to confirm an order placed online and/or to inform a customer of the status of such order. Customer should be aware that it is CLGL’s practice to monitor, and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
- Information from Children. CLGL does not sell products or services for purchase by children, and will not collect or post information from a child under the age of 18 without the involvement of a parent or guardian. CLGL will notify the child’s parent or guardian at the e-mail address provided by the prospective customer, alerting the parent or guardian to the child’s use of the Web site and providing instructions as to how the parent or guardian can delete the child’s registration from the Web site.
- Lost or Stolen Information. If a customer’s credit card is lost or stolen, the customer should promptly notify CLGL in order to enable CLGL to cancel the lost or stolen information and to update its records.
- Chat Rooms, Forums and Bulletin Boards. If customer participates in an CLGL chat room, discussion forum, or posts messages to an CLGL bulletin board, customer should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside CLGL, who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some individual CLGL chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. Also, participant’s expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of CLGL.
- Links to Other Web Sites. An CLGL Web site may contain links to other web sites. CLGL is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other Web sites.
Uses Made of the Information.
- Limited Uses Identified. Without customer’s prior consent, CLGL will not use your personal identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted. CLGL uses personal identifiable information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices and in program record-keeping. CLGL also processes billing and business requests related to CLGL Web Site participation.
- Marketing Uses. Unless customer marks an “x” on the opt-out option box herein provided, CLGL reserves the right to provide customer with information about CLGL’s Web site, CLGL products and services, and related information in which customer has indicated an interest.
- Stored Information Uses. CLGL stores the information provided by customer. Stored information is used by CLGL and CLGL agents: to support customer interaction with the CLGL Web site; to deliver customer purchases; and/or to contact customer again about other CLGL services and products.
- Online Advertising. Some companies that help CLGL deliver interactive on-line advertising, such as banner ads, may collect and use information about CLGL’s customers to help CLGL better understand the types of advertising or promotions that are most appealing to CLGL’s customers. After it is collected the information is aggregated so it is not identifiable to a specific individual. If, however, customer would prefer that these companies not collect such information, please mark an “x” on the opt-out option box herein provided.
Disclosure of the Information.
- Within Corporate Organization. CLGL is a multinational organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. CLGL may share your personal information within the CLGL corporate organization, and may transfer the information to countries in the world where CLGL conducts business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for customer personal information.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. CLGL never shares, sells or rents your personal information without prior notice to customer and the opportunity to opt-out.
- Agents. CLGL employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on behalf of CLGL. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions, but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services.
- Affiliated Businesses. CLGL works closely with affiliated businesses operating web site stores, providing services or selling products on each other’s Web sites. These businesses identify themselves to customers. Customer information related to a transaction with an affiliated business is shared with that affiliated business.
- Marketing Analysis by Third Parties. CLGL reserves the right to disclose to third parties personal information about customers for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in the form of aggregate data that does not describe or identify an individual customer.
- Disclosure to Governmental Authorities. Under certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants or orders.
Use of Computer Tracking Technologies.
- No Tracking of Personal Information. CLGL’s Web Site(s) are not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through web site access logs CLGL does collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
- Use of Web Beacon Technologies. CLGL may also use Web beacon or other technologies to better tailor its Web site(s) to provide better customer service. If these technologies are in use, when a visitor accesses these pages of the Web site, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by CLGL or by its suppliers. Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If customer does not want cookie information to be associated with customer’s visits to these pages, customer can set its browser to turn off cookies; however, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
- Collection of Non-Identifiable Information. CLGL may collect non-identifiable information from user visits to the CLGL Web site(s) in order to provide better customer service. Examples of such collecting include: traffic analysis, such as tracking of the domains from which users visit, or tracking numbers of visitors; measuring visitor activity on CLGL Web site(s); Web site and system administration; user analysis; and business decision making. Such information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” CLGL or its contractors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics.
- Collection of Personal Information. CLGL collects personal identifying information from customer during a transaction. CLGL may extract some personally identifying information about that transaction in a non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information, such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level (not at an individual level) to help CLGL understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level.
- Commitment to Online Security. CLGL employs physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information. Billing and payment data is encrypted whenever transmitted or received online. Personal information is accessible only by staff designated to handle online requests or complaints. All CLGL agents and contractors with access to personal information on the CLGL web site(s) are also bound to adhere to CLGL security standards.
- No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. CLGL will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, CLGL shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of CLGL including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of CLGL staff and third parties.
- Opt-Out Right. Customer and prospective customer has the right at any time to cease permitting personal information to be collected, used or disclosed by CLGL and/or by any third parties with whom CLGL has shared and/or transferred such personal information. Right of cancellation may be exercised by contacting CLGL via e-mail at email@example.com, telephone or certified postal mail. After processing the cancellation, CLGL will delete customer or prospective customer’s personal information from its data base.
Access Rights to Data.
- Information Maintained by CLGL. Upon customer’s request, CLGL will provide a reasonable description of customer’s personally identifiable information that CLGL maintains in its data bank. CLGL can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone at (615) 736-9595, or certified postal mail at 4101 Charlotte Ave, Suite F186, Nashville, Tennessee 37209.
- Corrections and Changes to Personal Information. Help CLGL to keep customer personal information accurate. If customer’s personal information changes, or if customer notes an error upon review of customer information that CLGL has on file, please promptly e-mail CLGL at email@example.com and provide the new or correct information.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of CLGL who are California residents to request certain information regarding CLGL’s disclosure of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to: Webmaster – firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 30 days of receiving such a request, CLGL will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. CLGL reserves its right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
- California’s privacy laws require a company to provide notice to California users of their rights to receive information on to which entities their information was shared for marketing purposes.