charges, convictions, & defenses
DUI Third Offense
DUI convictions have severe punishments and life-altering consequences. A DUI third conviction is not expungeable – meaning it will remain with you for a lifetime. Thus, it is paramount to hire the right attorney to defend these charges, keep the punishments to a minimum and prevent these convictions from being on your record.
Collins Legal’s DUI defense team is well-versed in this field. We help our clients be part of the statistic that learns from their mistake and never reoffends. A better tomorrow is a safer tomorrow.
What to Expect
Being charged with a DUI is life-altering. It is a set-back that no one can afford to take lightly. Collins Legal’s DUI defense team has two priorities for all DUI clients.
- Dispose of the charge.
- Give clients the confidence to move forward with life.
DUI Third Penalties
Important Information To Know
Tennessee enforces heavy penalties on those who have multiple DUIs on their record. As such, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible to fight the DUI charges, avoid the penalties and keep the convictions off your background.
- Minimum jail time: 120 days
- Maximum jail time: 11 months, 29 days
- Minimum driver’s license suspension: 6 years
- Restricted driver’s license eligibility: May be considered if qualifications are met
- If offender receives 2 DUI convictions within a 5 year period, an Ignition Interlock Device is required for 6 months after license reinstatement [cost to be paid by offender]
- Complete 24 hours of roadside litter pick-up.
- Complete the state-required Alcohol Safety [DUI] School.
- Complete a state-approved Drug & Alcohol Treatment Program.
- Install a state-approved Ignition Interlock Device [cost to be paid by offender].
- If offender receives 2 DUI convictions within a 5 year period, an Ignition Interlock Device is required for 6 months after license reinstatement [cost to be paid by offender].
- Vehicle may be seized by the arresting agency. Vehicle forfeiture can result from seizure.
- Towing & Impound Fees [discretionary]
- Bail Bond Fees [discretionary]
- State Fines [mandatory]
- Ignition Interlock Device Fees [mandatory]
- Alcohol Safety [DUI] School Fees [mandatory]
- Court Costs [mandatory]
- Probation Fees [mandatory]
- License Reinstatement Fees [mandatory]
* Restitution must be paid to any injured party(ies) for physical injury or personal loss.
Our defense strategy is formulated based on the events, facts and evidence surrounding the DUI arrest.
- We look into the arresting officer’s conduct and determine if the said officer followed proper protocol.
- We look at whether the blood test and/or breath test were obtained in a constitutional manner.
- We investigate the blood test and/or breath test results chain of custody.
With a decade of experience, our DUI defense team knows the prosecutions’ arguments, the requisite procedures officers should follow, and the law. The lead DUI defense attorney served as a DUI prosecutor for five years – in two separate District Attorney’s offices. Under his leadership, the DUI defense team ensures Collins Legal’s DUI clients are well taken care of.